Genetically, blue eyes are recessive and therefore much less common worldwide. Because of the absence of pigments in the eyes, the blue color is formed by the scattering of light as it’s reflected off the iris. While blue eyes are less common than brown eyes, they are often found from nationalities located near the Baltic Sea in the Northern Europe. What percentage of the world’s population have blue eyes? It’s estimated that approximately 8-17% of people in the world have blue eyes color.
There is always something about the blue color that is so fresh and lively. When talking to someone with blue eyes, we are instantly attracted towards them. Peaceful, smart, kind, extremely energetic, and full of youth, blue eyed individuals have long-lasting relationships. They have an inherent desire that is to make other people happy with their utmost kindness and sincerity. They are pretty keen on observing things seen as happy-go-lucky extroverts. Definitely, blue eyes are the most wanted eye color in the world. If you born with no blue eyes, you still expect a blue eyed person appearing in your life, right?
So, how rare are blue eyes? Blue eyed people have no or very little melanin on the front layer of the eye, so it will hit the back of the iris and then reflect out when light goes through the eye. As it goes through the stroma, the proteins’ presence causes blue light to scatter which displays the blue color. This phenomenon is commonly called ‘Rayleigh scattering’.
There’s a saying: “The eyes are the window to the soul” . Not only allow us to see everything in our daily lives, the eyes can also tell much more about us, including our personality traits. When you’re born, you’ve luckily got a chance of having blue eyes, depending on family history as well as other factors. Many misconceptions mention that blue eyed people are romantic individuals. They can be crueler and take things more seriously than those without blue eyes. Do you think that having blue eye color affects your life partly? It’s kinda senseless but somehow it is quite true.
- Each and every blue eyed person in the world is related; a study featuring a DNA testing revealed that blue eyes are the result of a mutation happened thousands of years ago.
- Blue eyes are more sensitive to light than dark-colored eyes since they don’t have much or any melanin.
- Blue eyes are extremely rare in some parts of the world, but they are very common in other places; about 99% of the people living around the Balkans area have blue eyes.
- People with blue eyes are stable, reliable, and somewhat close-minded.
- Blue eyed individuals can’t get angry easily; additionally, they are less aggressive and suffer from low self-esteem.
- Blue eye color is associated with youth and innocence.
What percentage of the world’s population have blue eyes? In short, the scientists claim that only 8% of people are born with blue eyes. For any further concern related to this topic, contact us via the box below.
- blue eyes around the world percentage
- percentages of eye color worldwide
- what is the percent of people that have 5 colors in there eyes
- blue eyes in the world chart
- blue eyes percentage of population
- eye colour percentage chart in worlda
- blue eyes percent population trend
- eye color percentage world
- eye color percentages worldwide
- percentage of people with blue eyes