“Eyes are the mirror of the soul” – Obviously, eyes are one of the most precious pieces that beautify humans’ faces. Not only helping us to see the fascinating world, but the eyes also give us hope and let us look at the bright side of life. Do you know what makes one’s eyes capture others’ attention? The answer is ‘eye color’ – every person is born with different eye color and some eye colors are truly unique. Let’s take a look at the “Eye Color Chart Percentages” in the world.
Unlike other traits, a simple gene can’t determine your eye color. As humans have a variety of different eye colors, the pattern in which eye color is inherited is complex. Scientifically, brown eye color is generally dominant over blue and green eye color, and green eye color is dominant over blue eye color. Yet, since many genes are involved in the process, blue-eyed parents can have a brown-eyed baby. In special cases, an individual may have eyes of more than one color. Also, different eye colors dominate in people of a particular ethnicity & race and in different geographic areas as well.
For instance, brown eyes are very popular in Africa and Asia while blue eyes are quite common in European countries.
When it comes to eye color distribution percentage, it tends to vary according to a particular population studied. Genetics also come to play, especially when parents’ phenotype differs greatly; thus, it’s pretty tough to give the exact percentage of eye colors. And, the percentages of people with various eye colors are unknown for many countries. Shall we take a look at the different colors as well as identify the population which has a higher probability of having a particular eye color? In the following is the brief distribution for world distribution of eye colors:
- Brown eyes – people have this eye color are considered as intelligent, self-confident, driven, trustworthy, loyal, kind, and gentle. As the dominant eye color in humans, you can recognize the presence of it in the eyes of majority of people in many regions around the world. The dark brown percentage is higher in people of Southeast Asia, West Asia, East Asia, Africa, USA, and Oceania. The light brown percentage is common in the Middle East, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Europe. Remember that over 50% of the world population has brown eyes.
- Blue eyes – sensitive to light, sweet and kind, intelligent, self-esteem, and sexy…all are the traits indicating blue-eyed people. There are very low amounts of melanin in the stroma of the eyes; that’s why blue is a rare eye color. The blue alleles are recessive so they requires multiple genes to give birth to a blue-eyed baby.
- Green eyes – fierce, devious, and sexy…a deadly combination makes up the look of green eyes. This eye color can be found in people of Southern, Northern, and Central Europe. The percentage of green eye color is about 16% (people of Celtic and Germanic linage). In Iceland, there are approximately 89% men and 87% women have light-colored eyes including green color.
What part of the eye does have color? As one part of our eyes, ‘iris’ is believed to give them color. Aside from the brown, blue, and green eye color, you’re able to discover other unique colors in people’s eyes like gray eyes, hazel eyes, amber eyes, red – violet eyes, and black eyes.
Submit your questions regarding the topic “Eye Color Chart Percentages” to attain the best answers from us.
- percentage of eye colours
- percentage of eye color chart
- eye color ratio chart
- eye color geographic distribution
- eye color chart percentage
- eye color percentages usa
- get the petcentage of color in a picture
- percentage eyes color
- different eye color percentages in world
- percentage of eye colors in the world